There are a few key things to remember before, during and after an emergency to keep your food safe...
• Have a supply of long-life items including milk, bottled water and canned good.
• Prepare eskies with ice bricks or gel pack to keep food cold if the power goes out.
• Keep a can opener handy.
• Don't forget food for infants or pets.
• Store food somewhere above flood water if there's a risk of flooding.
• Have a supply of drinking-quality water, detergent, bleach and alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Keep food cold, clean & check the label.
• Keep the fridge door closed as much as possible. A fridge should keep food cold for around four hour - after that it can begin to spoil.
• Keep the freezer door close as much as possible. A freezer shouldn't defrost for around 24 hours.
• If frozen foods have thawed don't refreeze!
• Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer to wash hands if drinking water is limited.
• Throw out food that has touched flood water or has an unusual smell, colour or texture. Don't taste it to see if it's OK.
• Check canned foods and throw out any cans that are dented, swollen, damaged or leaking.
• Put out food that has been near fire, including food in cans and jars even if they appear OK.
For More Details: Food Safety Tips and Training | Safety Training Course in Jubail
About GWG :
NEBOSH Course Training in Jubail by GWG provides a perfect platform for the candidates to become HSE professional. The first health and safety institute to complete 800+ NEBOSH IGC Batch with constant high pass rate since 12 years. We also provides various health and safety courses like RoSPA approved HSE courses, National Diploma, CPD certified course, NCFE courses and much more. GWG, the NEBOSH accredited Course provider in Saudi Arabia provides various offers for the candidates who take up NEBOSH IGC with free HSE professional certificate courses.
Green World International Training Center
Suite No: # 613, Business Tower
#101 King Abdul-Aziz Street,
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,
Tel: +966 13 3638442.
Mobile: +966 50 5744304.